Friday, November 14, 2014

Scandal - The Last Supper



The Last Supper was the most heartbreaking exchange I've seen on TV in a long time. Scandal blew it out the water with Olivia Pope's betrayal of her father Rowan Pope, or as I affectionately call him -  Papa-san Pope. He discovers Olivia's plot with Fitz and Jake to kill him.

Rowan doesn't retaliate against his daughter. He's emotionless for Olivia's had cut him on a level so deep, to experience it could have catastrophic results. Instead, Rowan tells her how much he loves her. In fact, Rowan reveals to Olivia she's pretty much the only person he'd ever loved in the world.

It was all for her.

Olivia was her father's heart. Rowan tells Olivia he's done and walks away. I watched my television in disbelief. My heart broke for Papa-san Pope.

I can't talk about it anymore. Just watch the video. Rowan can tell it better than I can.





See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment